Core Requirements for Adult New Applications
- Confirmed Online Appointment (click here)
- Personal Appearance
- Accomplished Application Form
- Original and photocopy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Authenticated Birth Certificate on Security Paper
- Married Females (who are using their spouse's last name) must also present Original and submit photocopy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage
- Local Civil Registrar Copy is required if PSA Birth Certificate is not clear or cannot be read
- Any of the following acceptable IDs with one (1) photocopy (click here for the List of Acceptable IDs for Passport Processing)
Additional requirements may be required, please refer to the section below.
Supporting Documents for Adult New Applications
In addition to the core requirements, the following supporting documents will be further required in the following cases:
In case of Late Registered Birth Certificate
- If Birth Certificate was registered at least ten (10) years ago, application will be treated as a regular application, and no additional supporting documents will be required
- If Birth Certificate was registered less than ten (10) years ago, applicant must submit IDs that pre-date the late registration or current IDs with NBI Clearance
In case applicant has NO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth:
- If applicant is born AFTER 1950 - applicant must first file for late registration with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Consular Office with jurisdiction over the place where applicant was born. Applicant will then submit the original copy of the PSA authenticated late registered Birth Certificate and IDs that pre-date the late registration or current IDs with NBI Clearance.
- If applicant is born ON OR BEFORE 1950 - applicant must submit original and photocopy of PSA Authenticated Certificate of No Birth Record and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity of the applicant (Affidavit should include photocopy of IDs of the Two Disinterested Persons indicated in the presented document)
If an Applicant's marriage has been dissolved and wants to revert to her maiden surname
- Applicant must submit original and photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate and acceptable IDs.
- Applicant must submit original and photocopy of the annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (MC) or Report of Marriage (ROM) stating that the marriage has been dissolved; OR
- Alternatively, if annotated MC or ROM from PSA is not yet available, applicant must submit a Certified True Copy of the Court Order dissolving the marriage and a certificate of Finality from the court.
If applicant has lacking data in Birth Certificate or Report of Birth
- Applicant must present original and submit photocopy of proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
If applicant has discrepancy in data in Birth Certificate / Report of Birth and other documents
- If the discrepant data is in the BC, the applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry. If the discrepant data is in the other documents, the BC will be followed.
- Discrepancy in first name - Applicant must submit the original and photocopy of the petition and supporting documents for correction of first name filed with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or consulate
- Discrepancy in other data - Applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry
If applicant is a Dual Citizen
- Original PSA authenticated Birth Certificate/Report of Birth and Original Identification Certificate issued by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) or the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and a photocopy
- Original and photocopy of the foreign passport.
- Government issued IDs (Philippine or from country of second citizenship)
If applicant is a Naturalized Filipino Citizen
- Original and photocopy of Identification Certificate of Naturalization from BI
If applicant obtained Filipino citizenship by Election
- Original and photocopy of Affidavit of Election of Philippine Citizenship
- Original and photocopy of Identification Certificate of Election from BI
If applicant has been granted citizenship by Act of Legislation
- Certified true copy of the law granting citizenship
- Foreign Birth Certificate authenticated by Philippine FSP