Application for APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)
APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) provides business people streamlined entry to participating economies through a simple pre-clearance system that allows them, through a single application, to obtain a multiple short-term entry to participating APEC economies.
Participating economies in the ABTC Scheme currently includes Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, People’s Republic of China, the Philippines, Peru, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Qualifications for an ABTC, among others:
- The company/business entity represented by the business person must be engaged in international trade, and selling of goods or services and investments between APEC economies
- Applicants must have never been charged or convicted of any criminal offense
- Must be a bona fide business person who is:
- Vested with powers and prerogatives to lay down and execute management policies in furtherance of the primary business purpose of the business entity and hold specific authority to negotiate and commit to trade and investment activities (e.g. Chairman, CEO, President, Vice Presidents, Chief Financial Officer, Regional Head and Board members of a registered company); or,
- An official nominated by the CEO, President, or Regional Head, whose work is directly involved in the trade of goods, the provision of services, or the conduct of investment activities when travelling overseas.
Applications may be filed through any of the following Certifying Business Organizations (CBOs):
Makati Business Club (MBC)
2/F, AIM Conference Center
Benavidez St., Legaspi Village
Telephone No.: (+632) 751-1137, 751-1138
Fax No.: (+632) 750-7406, 750-7405
Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI)
3rd Floor, Commerce and Industry Plaza (CIP)
1030 Campus Avenue cor Park Avenue
McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio
Telephone No.: (+632) 846-8196 loc 113
Fax No.: (+632) 846-8621
Philippine Exporters Confederation, Inc. (PHILEXPORT)
International Trade Complex
Roxas Blvd. cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
Tel No.: (+632) 935-1025
- To ABTC Holders:
- Passport and ABTC details should be the same.
- Passports generally have to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- To Filipino ABTC Holders (in case of Lost or Stolen passports):
- Please report the loss immediately to ABTC-Philippines and apply for a new passport. Requirements for application include a Notarized Affidavit of Loss explaining the circumstances on how the passport was lost or stolen
- As soon as the new passport is issued, inform ABTC-Philippines of the new passport number and apply for the re-issuance of the card. Some economies do not accept cards bearing passport details different from the current passport
For inquiries, please contact:
Visa Division, Office of Consular Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
Telefax No: (+632) 8367763