Present original documents and submit five (5) photocopies of each
(kindly collate and arrange into sets of 5 according to the order of documents below):
- Report of Birth Form (FA Form No. 40/ Rev. 01 24 April 2018)
- Five (5) forms should be printed in A4 paper, originally filled out and item 20 should be notarized by the notary public.
- Entries must be TYPEWRITTEN OR PRINTED LEGIBLY.
- Entries must be at the time of birth of the child/subject.
- Birth Certificate issued by the country of birth (original copy should be submitted to the DFA)
- For birth certificates not in English language, kindly submit an official English translation
- For applicants born in SHANGHAI, FRANCE, AUSTRIA, NORWAY, DENMARK, FINLAND, SWEDEN, ICELAND, NETHERLANDS, INDIA, and in the MIDDLE EASTERN countries (i.e. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, et.al.) the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of birth must authenticate the birth certificate.
- For applicants born under the consular jurisdiction of the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles, kindly submit PSA birth certificate of Filipino parent and Foreign birth certificate of Foreign national parent
- For applicants born under the consular jurisdiction of the Philippine Consulate General in Toronto, kindly submit the original certified true copy of live birth (long form).
- For applicants born under the consular jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy in Mexico, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of birth must authenticate the birth certificate
- For applicants born in Indonesia, the Ministry of Human Rights and Justice and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia must authenticate the birth certificate
- First passport or Travel Document of the Child/Subject
- Photocopies of bio data pages
- In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID.
- Authenticated Marriage Certificate of Parents from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) / Foreign Marriage Contract
For unmarried parents:
- If child/subject is using the surname of the father, kindly submit an Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother and Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father. If the two (2) affidavits will be executed in the Philippines, these should be registered first as Legal Instruments at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution and authenticated by the DFA. If executed abroad, these should be registered first at the Foreign Service Post (FSP) of the country of residence of the parent(s) or at the FSP nearest the place of residence.
- If child/subject is using the surname of the mother, kindly submit the Birth Certificate of the mother and an Affidavit of Illegitimacy, duly notarized.
- Passport of Parents (valid at the time of the birth of the child) + current/valid passports of both parents
- Photocopies of bio data pages
- In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID [(i.e. Green card or permanent resident card, copy of visa (at the time of birth of the child), working permit if working abroad at the time of birth of the child]
- For applicants born in USA and Canada, kindly submit any of the following documents of parent/s:
- USA/Canada Visa
- USA/Canada Working Permit
- Green Card of Permanent Resident Card
- If Filipino parent/s had acquired foreign citizenship (i.e. American, Australian, British or Canadian) and re-acquired Philippine citizenship, submit certificate of naturalization of parents and re-acquisition certificates of parents and of the child. If the child is 18 years old and above at the time of parent’s re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship submit an Identification Certificate for Filipino citizen issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
- Five (5) recent passport size photos of the child/subject
- Notarized Affidavit of Delayed Registration [required only for children/subjects who are more than one (1) year old]
- Notarized Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons [required only for children/subjects who are more than one (1) year old]
- Negative Certification of Birth Record from the PSA (CRS Form No. 1)
*Note: Additional documents may be required by the action officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the requirements to determine the citizenship, identity or eligibility of the child for registration of birth under the Philippine law.
- Consular Fee: USD 25.00 to be paid in Philippine peso at the Cashier located at the 2nd floor of the DFA Office of Consular Affairs, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Avenue, ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque City.
- Forms are downloadable online (https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/) or at Consular Records Window.
- Requirements are to be submitted at the Ground floor (Door 1, Window 1) of DFA Office of Consular Affairs, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Avenue, ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque City
- Processing period: Approximately 2 to 4 months
- Contact us:
Please indicate subject: country of event_type of event (USA-ROB)
(02) 836-7744 Direct Line
(02) 8-651-9400 choose local number based on place of event
2296 Americas Region
2396 Asia and Pacific Region
2297 Middle East and Africa Region
2124 Europe Region