Present original documents and submit five (5) photocopies of each
(kindly collate and arrange into sets of 5 according to the order of documents below):
- Report of Birth Form (FA Form No. 40/ Rev. 01 24 April 2018)
- Five (5) forms should be printed in A4 paper, originally filled out and item 20 should be notarized by the notary public.
- Entries must be TYPEWRITTEN OR PRINTED LEGIBLY
- Entries must be at the time of birth of the child/subject.
- Original documents of the following:
- Shussei Todoke No Kisai Jiko Shomeisho (Birth Notification Report issued by the Japanese City Hall) or certified true copy with stamps from City Hall;
- Boshi Techo (Maternity Record Book); and
- latest Koseki Tohon (Family Registry).
*Note: If child/subject is born inside the US Base, copy of the birth certificate issued by the hospital (located within the vicinity of Base) and Consular Report of Birth.
- First passport or Travel Document of the Child
- Photocopies of bio data pages and used visa pages
- In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID.
- Original Marriage Certificate of Parents from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Report of Marriage (ROM)
For unmarried parents:
- If child/subject is using the surname of the father, kindly submit an Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother and Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father. If the two (2) affidavits will be executed in the Philippines, these should be registered first as Legal Instruments at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution and authenticated by the DFA. If executed abroad, these should be registered first at the Foreign Service Post (FSP) of the country of residence of the parent(s) or at the FSP nearest the place of residence.
- If child/subject is using the surname of the mother, kindly submit the Birth Certificate of the mother and an Affidavit of Illegitimacy, duly notarized.
- Passport of Parents (valid at the time of the birth of the child) and current/valid passports/ IDs of both parents
- Photocopies of bio data pages, and used visa pages
- In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID [(i.e. Green card or permanent resident card, copy of visa (at the time of birth of the child), working permit if working abroad at the time of birth of the child]
- If Filipino parent/s had acquired foreign citizenship (i.e. American, Australian, British or Canadian) and re-acquired Philippine citizenship, submit certificate of naturalization of parents and re-acquisition certificates of parents and of the child. If the child is 18 years old and above at the time of parent’s re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship submit an Identification Certificate for Filipino citizen issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
- Five (5) recent passport size photos of the child/subject.
- Birth Certificate of Filipino Parent issued by the PSA.
- Notarized Affidavit of Delayed Registration [required only for children/subjects who are more than one (1) year old].
- Notarized Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons [required only for children/subjects who are more than one (1) year old].
- Negative Certification of Birth Record from the PSA (CRS Form No. 1).
*Note: Additional documents may be required by the action officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the requirements to determine the citizenship, identity or eligibility of the child for registration of birth under the Philippine law.
- Consular Fee of USD 25.00 and Translation fee of USD 25.00 to be paid in Philippine peso at the Cashier located at the 2nd floor of the DFA Office of Consular Affairs
- Forms are downloadable online (consular.dfa.gov.ph/) or at Consular Records Window.
- Requirements are to be submitted at the Ground floor (Door 1, Window 1) of DFA Office of Consular Affairs, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Avenue, ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque City
- Processing period: Approximately 2 to 4 months
- Contact us:
Please indicate subject: country of event_type of event (Japan_ROB)
(02) 836-7744 Direct Line
(02) 8-651-9400 local 2396